Blackheads are usually found in areas that produce excess oil and have enlarged pores i.e nose, chin, back and they are normally grey/black in colour at the top due to oil oxidation with the air. When squeezed, blackheads are firm like a plug and are formed by excessive oil production in the skin.
Common cause could be due to not cleaning and exfoliating sufficiently, or doing so with an unsuitable skincare regime. These can include overly aggressive skincare products, such as harsh serums and over drying cleansers and exfoliators. Pores can become blocked and turn into blackheads if the right and correct skincare routine is not adhere to.
Tips on keeping your pores clear:
*Skin Accumax Capsules - A food supplement which contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and DIMs which will help normalise your hormonal level which will assists in balancing your sebum production and secretion results in normal, clearly, flawless and healthy skin.
* Environ Sebuprep Pre-Cleansing Oil - It an oil based cleanser contain salicylic acid and tea tree oil, which is essential for deep cleansing to help remove excess oil and environmental debris. Suitable for congested, oily and problem skin types
* Environ Sebuwash - A foaming gel cleanser contains salicylic acid and tea tree oil, that gently removes excess oils and environmental debris without drying your skin.
* Environ Sebutone - Its a medium strength toner containing lactic acid and salicylic as well as tea tree oil which will help smoothen the appearance of your skin and improve hydration.
* Environ Sebumasque - Its a clay based masque and contains salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and kaolin which helps to absorb excess surface oils and may also be used as micro-exfoliant. The Environ Sebumasque assists in improving the hydration of the skin.
* Environ AVST 1 Moisturiser - The first Vitamin A moisturiser in the Environ Vitamin A Step-Up Programme.It contains Retinyl Palmitate, Vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin A is the single most important nutrients you could use on your skin. It is required to rejunevate skin and keep it healthy. This ultimate above skin nutrients normalise sebum production, evens out skin tone, reduces pigmentation spots, thickens skin, reduces the effect of scarring, lessens line and wrinkles and gives a healthy, radiant glow..
* Environ RAD SPF 15 - Always protect your skin from UVA and UVB. Environ RAD SPF is can achieve superior protection against UVA and UVB because it contains 3 essential elements:
- 1. Antioxidants - help minimise UV Ray damage that penetrates sunscreen filters.
- 2. Low chemical sunscreen - which absorb the radiation from UV rays, neutralising their damaging effects.
- 3. Reflectants such Titanium Dioxide - which reflects rays and scatter energy causing them to "bounce" off the skin.
The good news is that you can keep your pores clear and appear less noticeable with the correct skincare regime!
by Emi Wong MPSI Pharmacist